Attorney Leonard Matsuk
Click here to read a personal interview with Leonard Matsuk.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D. 1976
- California State University at Long Beach, B.A. 1972
- Lawyer of the Year, 2002, Long Beach Bar Association
- Southern California "Super Lawyer", Criminal Defense, 2004 and 2005 (Los Angeles Magazine, Law and Politics)
- "AV Rated" by Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory (highest possible rating for legal ability and ethical standards).
- California Attorneys for Criminal Justice, Criminal Courts Bar Association, National Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Consumer Attorney's Association of Los Angeles, Long Beach Bar Association
- Past President, Long Beach Bar Foundation; Past President, Long Beach Barristers; Senior Instructor for Project Shortstop, a juvenile crime diversion program
I have argued over 100 cases to a jury and approximately 200 to a court without a jury. Many attorneys have never tried a jury trial.
For 30 years, I have successfully defended many hundreds of clients accused of a wide range of criminal charges — from drunk driving to murder and from first time juvenile offenders to corporate CEOs accused of white collar crimes.
When you retain me as your legal counsel, you get the benefit of my experience in the local courts, and dealing with our local judges and prosecutors.
Regardless of the specific facts of your case, chances are good that I have represented clients with similar cases in the past and prevailed at trial. Why take chances with an attorney who is going to learn at your expense?
What's more, I have been practicing for 30 years in the Greater Long Beach Area, including Norwalk, Downey, Bellflower, Compton, Long Beach and Orange County, so I have a deep understanding of our local justice system, including the various police departments, the judges, prosecutors and juries.
I give my clients an edge in court that less-experienced counsel can't provide. An edge that can be the difference between a successful and failed outcome.
I can help you prove your innocence and protect your reputation, save your job and your freedom.
View the firms profile on FindaCriminalDefenseAttorney.com.